Snack Time!

Keegan eating apple chips

Cousin eating ice cream

Q1 How did you choose the specific types of food for each portrait? What is their significance? Explain – be specific! (3 sentences min.) – I chose these types of foods because Keegan and my cousin enjoy them. Its significant because my cousin loves to eat ice and his favorite flavor is cookies and cream. Keegan’s favorite flavor are apple chips and loves to eat them as a snack.

Q2 Consider the lighting in your photographs. What was the light source in each of your photos. What time of day? How did it affect the mood and atmosphere of the portraits? Explain – be specific!  (3 sentences min.)  The picture of Keegan eating apple chips was taken in the morning shining from a side. It made the picture stand out and make it look good. The picture of my cousin eating ice cream was the sum shining through the kitchen window. 

Q3 Think about the composition of your photos. Name the composition technique you used for each photo. Why did you choose to crop your photos as shown? Be specific! (3 sentences min.) I used different some techniques, one was the rules of thirds composition. I chose to crop because so the dominant eye is centered. I did my best to make the picture look perfect. 

Q4 How do the colors and color splash technique in your photographs contribute to the overall impact of the images? Why did you choose to mask the specific areas in color for each photo? Be specific!  (3 sentences min.) The color splash technique made the food stand out in a unique way. With the black and white back makes the picture look good. Masking the foods makes the food stand out and keeps its natural. 

Q5 Consider the technical aspects of your photography, such as focus (lens size 75-300(lg) or 18-35(reg), or iphone mode/focus), depth of field (blurry background), and exposure (value in PS adjustment of your black, grays, whites). How did you use these techniques to enhance your images? Be specific! (3 sentences min.) The picture of Keegan eating chips I took it from the is head so I can get the chip and his facial expressions. Also the lighting made the picture look natural and looks good with how Keegan faced the camera. The picture of my cousin is eating ice cream was good because of his expression and how he ate the ice cream. 

Q6 What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting food portraits? Be specific! (3 sentences min.) I would say to take pictures that make you happy and proud. Also make sure it looks good and make the food and expressions stand out. Make sure that you put all the work you need to get your picture to look the best it could ever be.